The role of an Eli5 Frontend Developer
As an Eli5 Frontend Developer you'll be responsible for the frontend development of dynamic and intuitive applications for web, mobile, and desktop. Next to frontend development you'll be playing a big role in Requirement Engineering, Prototyping, Product Design, and connecting Backend Technology.
Eli5 offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced company and grow your skills and experience within the field of technology, (corporate) startups, and design.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating maintainable and extendable front-end solutions;
- Defining and scoping the front-end part of our projects, both with the team and with the clients;
- Delivering a high quality product with your team;
- Working closely together with back-end developers and designers in project teams;
- Advising clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy; and
- Alignment with designers and other developers.
Your competencies - Essential:
- A large interest in new technologies and keeping up with the latest developments in software;
- Experience with version control (Git);
- Experience with working in a multi-disciplined product development team, and the workflows that come with that;
- A flexible mentality and a genuine desire to ensure the quality of your team’s output;
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret data;
- An organized and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet both short and long-term deadlines;
- You have a degree in software engineering or you can show equivalent work experience.
Your competencies - Bonus:
- Experienced in implementing software design patterns;
- Knowledge of Laravel / Django or similar backend frameworks;
- Experience with package managers (composer / pip / npm);
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (DevOps);
- Experience with isolated development environments (Docker / Virtualbox / Vagrant)
The perks of Eli5:
- We get the devices you need to do your work;
- You decide when you go on a holiday;
- Be responsible for your own work;
- Work for both startups and large companies;
- Work from home, our office, or anywhere you want;
- During the year we co-organise several Eli5 get-aways;
- Get a gym membership on our expenses; and
- Get a budget to keep learning new things
Our studios have unlimited potential and there are a tremendous amount of opportunities to be tackled. Do you have the courage to get on them? We’ll open the door wide and let you show your magic!
Applications without a CV will not be taken into consideration. Providing motivational letters and a portfolio of previous projects/designs is recommended. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.