What does an Eli5 backend development role look like
Backend Development is one of the core pillars of the company. As an Eli5 Backend Developer you’ll be responsible for clean and maintainable backend systems to power our software products. You’ll be involved in the entire development cycle and your role comes with a wide range of responsibilities. Next to development, you will be playing a big role in requirements engineering, solution architecture, integration, prototyping, and connecting frontend technology. Eli5 offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced company, and grow your skills and experience within the fields of technology, (corporate) startups, and design.
The role of an Eli5 Backend Developer
- Designing lean and maintainable backend infrastructure and integration systems;
- Creating maintainable and extendable backend systems;
- Defining and scoping the backend part of projects, both with the team and with clients;
- Working closely with front-end developers and designers in project teams; and
- Advising clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy.
The essential stuff:
- Familiarity with Laravel, and/or Node.js;
- Familiar with Git environment;
- Experienced with object oriented programming in PHP, MySQL and / or MariaDB;
- Able to make clever and well-informed decisions;
- Write clean and maintainable back-end code;
- Eager to learn and continuously improve your skillset;
- An organised and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data;
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player; and
- Proficiency in English and/or Dutch. Proof (e.g. certificates or exam results) might be requested.
Scoring bonus points with:
- Building RESTful API’s;
- Experience with JSON-API and / or GraphQL;
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines (Gitlab / TravisCI / Jenkins);
- Implementation of software design patterns;
- Caching systems (Redis / Memcached);
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies;
- Prior experience with MongoDB;
- Python; and
- Django framework.
The perks of Eli5:
- We get the devices you need to do your work;
- You decide when you go on a holiday;
- Be responsible for your own work;
- Work for both startups and large companies;
- Work from home, our office, or anywhere you want;
- During the year we co-organise several Eli5 get-aways;
- Get a gym membership on our expenses; and
- Get a budget to keep learning new things.
Our studios have unlimited potential and there are a tremendous amount of opportunities to be tackled. Do you have the courage to get on them? We’ll open the door wide and let you show your magic!
Applications without a CV will not be taken into consideration. Providing motivational letters and a portfolio of previous projects/designs is recommended. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.