The role of an Eli5 Backend Developer
- Designing lean and maintainable backend infrastructure and integration systems;
- Creating maintainable and extendable backend systems;
- Defining and scoping the backend part of projects, both with the team and with clients;
- Working closely with front-end developers and designers in project teams; and
- Advising clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy.
The essential stuff:
- Familiarity with Laravel, and/or Node.js;
- Familiar with Git environment;
- Experienced with object oriented programming in PHP, MySQL and / or MariaDB;
- Able to make clever and well-informed decisions;
- Write clean and maintainable back-end code;
- Eager to learn and continuously improve your skillset;
- An organised and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data;
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player; and
- Proficiency in English and/or Dutch. Proof (e.g. certificates or exam results) might be requested.
Scoring bonus points with:
- Building RESTful API’s;
- Experience with JSON-API and / or GraphQL;
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines (Gitlab / TravisCI / Jenkins);
- Implementation of software design patterns;
- Caching systems (Redis / Memcached);
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies;
- Prior experience with MongoDB;
- Python; and
- Django framework.
The perks of Eli5:
- We get the devices you need to do your work;
- You decide when you go on a holiday;
- Be responsible for your own work;
- Work for both startups and large companies;
- Work from home, our office, or anywhere you want;
- During the year we co-organise several Eli5 get-aways;
- Get a gym membership on our expenses; and
- Get a budget to keep learning new things.
Our studios have unlimited potential and there are a tremendous amount of opportunities to be tackled. Do you have the courage to get on them? We’ll open the door wide and let you show your magic!
Applications without a CV will not be taken into consideration. Providing motivational letters and a portfolio of previous projects/designs is recommended. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.