Join Eli5 as a Backend Developer
We're looking for a talented Backend Developer who's excited to join our team and build products with a strong focus on problem solving and value creation.
The role of an Eli5 Backend Developer
Backend Development is one of the core pillars of the company. As an Eli5 Backend Developer you’ll be responsible for clean and maintainable backend systems to power our digital solutions. You’ll be involved in the entire development cycle and your role comes with a wide range of responsibilities. Next to development, you will be playing a big role in requirements engineering, solution architecture, integration, prototyping, and connecting frontend technology. Eli5 offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced company, and grow your skills and experience within the fields of technology, (corporate) startups, and design.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing lean and maintainable backend infrastructure and integration systems;
- Creating maintainable and extendable backend systems;
- Defining and scoping the backend part of projects, both with the team and with clients;
- Working closely with frontend developers and designers in project teams; and
- Advising clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy.
The essential stuff:
- Experience with backend development, preferably with Laravel, Python, and/or Node.js;
- Holding a degree in software engineering or you can show equivalent work experience;
- Experienced with object oriented programming in PHP, MySQL and / or MariaDB, and implementations of software design patterns;
- Able to make clever and well informed decisions;
- An organised and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data; and
- Proficiency in both English and Dutch. Proof (e.g. certificates or exam results) might be requested.
Scoring bonus points with:
- Building RESTful API’s;
- Experience with JSON-API and / or GraphQL;
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines (Gitlab / TravisCI / Jenkins);
- Implementation of software design patterns;
- Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS / Amazon Linux);
- Caching systems (Redis / Memcached).
The perks of Eli5:
- We get the devices you need to do your work
- You decide when you go on a holiday
- Everyday a homemade lunch with the team
- Be responsible for your own work
- Every Friday we have our Eli5pm gathering
- A humble and cosy city center office
- Attend or speak on tech events around the world
- Work for both startups and large companies
- Work from home, our office, or anywhere you want
- During the year we co-organise several Eli5 get-aways
- Get a gym membership on our expenses
- Get a budget to keep learning new things
Interested? Hit us up.
Send an email to Eli5’s CTO, Kishan Chamman on kishan(at)eli5.io.
Head of Design
Head of Commercial
Andre de Waard
Head UI Development
Head of Partnerships